We’re on the hunt for Mid-Senior Copy Writers who are hungry to make magic and bring their X-factor to the Extraordinary home of FCB.
As a copywriter at FCB, you need to be a talented conceptual thinker and master of the pen. Great ideas and a passion for the craft is key. You should be a platform-agnostic thinker that can write beautiful, compelling copy, constantly innovate, and have clarity of thought. You are ambitious, self-motivated, and have a love for winning awards. You should be continuously curious and inspiring with your finger always on the pulse of new trends and changing culture. Collaboration and communication skills are an essential part of this role.
- Create award-winning work.
- Write compelling copy, manifestos, creative rationales, pay-off lines, and body copy for all platforms at the correct duration.
- Develop powerful, high-level messages and concept ideas that connect to the right audience.
- Copy checking is essential
- Understand the importance of the “big idea” and how well the work reflects it within the framework of the clients’ brand.
- Solve business problems and effect positive change with conceptual creative work.
- Create and communicate concepts by applying brand-level awareness as well as campaign tactics.
- Effectively work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and new business development.
- Contribute concepts and ideas to new-business pitches, pro-bono and in-house projects.
- Keep abreast of current marketing and consumer trends on all platforms.
- Consistently identify, drive, and champion potentially award-winning ideas.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation decks.
- Act as an ambassador of FCB and FCB brands.
- Effectively partner with an Art Director for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, from conception to execution.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and camaraderie within their team.
- Maintain a good relationship with the broader internal team.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback.
- Be at ease presenting internally and to clients and engaging them.
- Build relationships with clients with whom you interact on a regular basis.
- Assist in the selection of production houses, directors, animators, voice-over talent, sound engineers, musicians, etc.
- Run audio sessions and provide direction.
- Assist in providing direction on a shoot.
- Understand the post-production process of video content – offline, online, grade, animation, and audio.
- Understand social and digital production requirements.
- Undergrad degree in a field related to advertising, communications, journalism or equivalent experience.
- 3–5 years’ agency experience as a copywriter in an agency.
- A strong, award-winning portfolio of through-the-line work – with specific examples of work in the digital space.
- Your portfolio must demonstrate high creativity, imagination, and curiosity, as well as the ability to think strategically and conceptually.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy.
- Understand the different language styles and nuances that appeal to various target markets.
- Must have great story-telling abilities.
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Be highly self-motivated and well-organised.
- Must be able to work within strict budges.
- Quick thinking and attention to detail.